Friday, December 10, 2010

Some pretty Offensive album covers

A friend recently sent me a link to the “Worst album covers of 2010”.
My first thought :”Those aren’t that bad”. My second thought: “ I bet I could come up with worse”. So h
ere is a list of album covers that I think are pretty offensive (even though I like quite a few of them). This list is not in any order and is in no way a commentary on the music.

Type O Negative: Origin of the feces

Simple. Elegant. A close-up of late singer/bassist Peter Steele’s asshole.









Mayhem: Dawn of the Black Hearts

When Mayhem front man Per Yngve Ohlin (AKA Dead) committed suicide by shooting himself in the head, his band mates that arrived on the scene, instead of calling the police, left to buy a disposable camera and take pictures. One of these classy pictures was then used as the album cover of this semi-official release.






Black Crowes: Amorica

What makes this wonderful album cover truly genius: if you crop out everything outside of the triangle, It looks like an immaculately folded flag.








Great White: Hooked

This is classic because this is what I believe Spinal tap was going for with ‘Smell the Glove”.









Hurricane: Slave to the Thrill

The Geiger influence in this very noticeable.









Big Black: Headache

I really did not want to post a picture of this, because it is too messed up. It can be googled



Mama Lion- Preserve Wildlife

This touching album cover shows the singer Lynn Carey nursing a cub.

No comments:

Post a Comment